This week’s featured founder is Ladan Davia of Beeya. Beeya is a company that is changing the way recruiters and job searchers are connecting. Improving the job search process has been attempted numerous times, it’s true. But so has online dating and that never stopped innovation. Beeya is the real deal and so is its founder, Ladan Davia.
In this episode, you will hear just how important it is to prioritize correctly to ensure the protection of your startup. Plus, you’ll learn firsthand from Ladan the importance of vetting referrals, even if the referrals come from people you trust. Lastly, you’ll discover that nobody will promote or believe in your venture and dreams more than you.
Ladan’s story is an encouraging one because where she is now is very different than where she expected herself to be. Her story helps us to see that it is okay to change our goals and direction regardless of how long we’ve been following a particular path. It takes a tremendous amount of strength and courage to pivot your entire life. Where does that strength and courage come from? Let’s find out...this is Ladan Davia’s startup story.
*In this episode, you will hear:
- About how and when Ladan caught the entrepreneur bug, hint: it was not as a child!
- How at age 20, after receiving a degree in Broadcast Journalism, she realized it was not what she wanted to do and what she actually did instead
- Her first experience with tech startup, creating a product, and winning a competition
- Ladan shares about her first startup, how it “died,” and what she did next
- The beginnings of Beeya, how and when the idea for the software first came to her when she was 21 years old
- The first steps she took to take Beeya from an idea into an actual software product and how she went about creating a technology solution when she’s not a “tech” person
- Investors, programmers, and building a team - the trials and tribulations of building a startup
- Second-guessing and questioning your startup journey
- The importance of being a good judge of character when it comes to team building, because NDAs are great, but many startups don’t have the funds to enforce them
- What make Beeya different or stand out in the crowd of the various job searching tools and websites available today
“You have to be able to endure the rollercoaster that is entrepreneurship.” – Ladan Davia, Beeya
Resources from this episode:
Connect with Ladan on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ladandavia/
Beeya website: https://www.beeya.com/
Beeya on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beeyaofficial/
Beeya on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beeyaofficial/
Beeya on Twitter: https://twitter.com/beeyaofficial
The Startup Story community has been so incredible sharing our podcast with others, and we thank you! We do have more stories to tell and more people to reach. There are three ways you can help.
First, the most powerful way you can support this podcast is by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Second, follow us on Facebook and Instagram, and be sure to share your favorite Startup Story episodes with your friends and on social media. Tag or mention @thestartupstory.co so we can give you a virtual high five and a thank you!
Lastly, share the podcast on LinkedIn. The Startup Story podcast is for entrepreneurs. Don’t underestimate the power of sharing on LinkedIn so other entrepreneurs can discover us.
With your support, we hope to further our reach in encouraging and inspiring the founders of today and tomorrow. Thank you!