When I started The Startup Story I would have never expected to be interviewing a founder
of a homeschool group, but here we are. This week, Tiffany Sorya, founder of Novel Education Group, shares the many unconventional pieces that have comprised her entrepreneurial journey to this point. It makes sense that her story would be unconventional since her goal is to meet the educational needs of those whose lives are unconventional. Her first two clients were Kylie and Kendall Jenner, and she continued working with other high-profile children such as those of Fortune 100 executives.
In exploring her startup story, you will gain insight into how cultural heritage can impact the entrepreneurial journey. Also, Tiffany says, “People shy away from entrepreneurship because of the fear of the ‘what ifs.’” We will discuss not only how paralyzing that can be but also how powerful your story can become once you find yourself free from that fear. You will also learn how important it is to be aware of gaps in the marketplace.
Make sure you listen to the very end of the episode because there is a critical learning that Tiffany shares with us from her relationship with Kylie Jenner. It is at the very end because, while Tiffany’s story may include Kylie and Kendall, her story is so much more. It is one that needs to be heard without the distraction of the Hollywood limelight; especially
because her story begins as far from the glitz and glamour of Hollywood as you can possibly
imagine. This is Tiffany Sorya’s startup story.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How, after moving to Los Angeles, Tiffany discovered knowledge is power
- Connecting with young people through tutoring is where she discovered her entrepreneurial spirit
- How she saw a gap in services being provided and knew she could do something better
- Having the courage to step out to try a business and overcoming obstacles such as awareness and branding
- The importance of having a business plan for several years down the road
- The great thing about being an entrepreneur, according to Tiffany
- Being smart is cool: Tiffany wants the fans of the students she educates to realize the benefits of education
- How looking back on your journey and having gratitude for the people who helped and supported you along the way is important
- Understanding, as Tiffany says, “This journey that we call “entrepreneurship” is NEVER linear, so stop comparing your journey to another.”
Resources from this episode:
Our Sponsor, MovoCash: https://www.thestartupstory.co/MovoCash
Novel Education Group: https://www.noveleducationgroup.com/
Connect with Tiffany on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tiffany-sorya-7a4280a4
Follow Tiffany on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tiffanysorya/?hl=en
The Startup Story community has been so incredible sharing our podcast with others, and we thank you! We do have more stories to tell and more people to reach. There are three ways you can help.
First, the most powerful way you can support this podcast is by leaving a review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Second, follow us on Facebook and Instagram, and be sure to share your favorite Startup Story episodes with your friends and on social media. Tag or mention @thestartupstory.co so we can give you a virtual high five and a thank you!
Lastly, share the podcast on LinkedIn. The Startup Story podcast is for entrepreneurs. Don’t underestimate the power of sharing on LinkedIn so other entrepreneurs can discover us.
With your support, we hope to further our reach in encouraging and inspiring the founders of today and tomorrow. Thank you!