In today’s episode you will hear the startup story of Zach Knickerbocker, Founder of 14th Floor Apparel. He’s an Amazon reseller who is very early in his startup journey. While we’ve shared the stories of several founders who have been in business for many years, we also wanted to be sure to share with you startup stories of guests who are still in the thick of the startup process. In the trenches, so to speak, still building their dreams as a side hustle. And that’s exactly what Zach is doing, he is building his dream.
Zach discovered a successful way to make money on Amazon, and let’s be clear, there are many avenues on which you can do this. Zach found a process that works for his business model, which was quite impressive. But what I find most impressive about Zach's story is not that he's achieving some level of success with his brand, instead, it is that he implemented systems into his life to help make his dream a reality; all of this despite his battle with anxiety.
Where are you in your journey? Do you have a notebook full of ideas that you want to build upon? Do you feel anxious or scared whenever you think about pursuing your dreams? Well, maybe Zach's story of his early stage startup is one you (or someone in your network) needs to hear right now. That is why I welcome you to sit back and listen to Zach Knickerbocker’s startup story.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The beginning of Zach’s entrepreneurial journey and his infatuation with success
- The story of how he created a fansite for an online game, built a community and online platform that made money, which ultimately helped him pay for college
- When his entrepreneurial "itch” truly began to emerge
- Flipping products on Amazon, how he got started and what Gary Vee had to do with it
- How small, daily victories can build into significant opportunity, quickly
- Helpful strategies to build a business while dealing with anxiety and changing the negative narrative mindset
- The significance of having a powerful purpose for what you are trying to build
- Staying the course, pivoting when necessary, and if something is not working, don’t be afraid to change the process
- Some action steps on how to get started in the Amazon merchant space
- Zach offers some advice to those reluctant to move forward with their dreams or visions and what setting small goals has to do with it all
Resources from this episode:
Our Sponsor, Movocash: https://www.thestartupstory.co/movocash
Zach Knickerbocker on Instagram
14th Floor Apparel
Gary Vaynerchuk (Gary Vee)
Anxiety and Depression Association of America